According to the website of the Michigan Department of Natural Resources, there are rules and regulations for pets at state park campgrounds, beaches and boating access sites.
With a few exceptions, pets are welcomed in Michigan state parks, recreation areas and at boating access sites, but they must be accompanied at all times by responsible owners. Please remember that these public places are strange environments for your pet. It may react much differently here than at home.
Rules and Regulations
- Pets must be under an owner’s immediate control on a 6-foot leash at all times.
- Pets may not be left unattended or tied to an object.
- Do not allow your pet to make excessive noise.
- Clean up after your pet and dispose of waste in trash receptacles.
- Keep your pets from interacting with wildlife or disturbing visitors.