The Second Chance Ranch and Rescue out of Boyne City will be holding their second Expo on Saturday, June 8th from 11 am to 3 pm at the Bay Harbor Equestrian Center sponsored by the Bay Harbor Foundation. The Expo is at 5251 Charlevoix Avenue in Petoskey. It’s right on US 31 (also known as Charlevoix Avenue).
Second Chance Ranch and Rescue, Inc. is a non-profit organization dedicated to the rescue and rehabilitation of large animals in Northern Michigan. They believe that every animal deserves a second chance. Because their Founder is a veterinarian, they are often called on to take in the “worse of the worse” from neglect and abuse situations. Once the animals are restored to physical and mental health, they look for a forever home for the animal.
This fundraising Expo will include…
• Founder and Veterinarian, Pam Graves, will be doing quick teachings on general horse care and chiropractic care (approximately 30 minutes each). The Expo will have a silent auction and also a live auction. Martina Hahn will be there doing a speed painting for them to auction off.
• Bay Harbor Equestrian Center trainer Amy Skinner will be showcasing one of the SCRR adoptees, Ruby, in the arena. Amy will also do an informative session regarding Proper Tack Fitting. In addition, Amy will be working with a Bay Harbor School Horse, Jack; showing groundwork in classical dressage.
• Chair massages by Sigrid Hansen; 100% donation to SCRR. This is Sigrid’s second year giving chair massages at their event.
• Sara Michelin DVM will also be at the event this year with a sheep herding demo.
• Tack sale going on throughout the day.
• 50/50 drawing winner announced. 50/50 raffle tickets are available from their board members, or at Northern Pet Salon in Boyne City; or at the Charlevoix Area Humane Society in Boyne City.They are $10.00 each and when they are all sold; they will have a grand prize of $5000.00!Minimum prize will be $500.
• Vendors – there are still openings for those interested. Conact Erika Hayden here. Fee is $25 per table and vendors are juried.
• Michelle Chenard will be performing music live at the Expo
Admission to the expo is a $5 donation or for $25 donation, you can also receive a t-shirt. The Petoskey Rotary Cub will be there with a food truck. Admission does not cover lunch.